Modifying My Band Saw Stand

So I wanted to improve my band saw because it’s probably the least used tool in my woodshop. I’ve had it for several years, but can probably count on one hand the number of times that I’ve used it. This is largely due to the fact that I still have the factory blade on it, but I know that I can make this a better tool. After watching videos by thesergeant and zimsjeeps, I decided to put a mobile base under mine because I hate, HATE moving mine around (it always seems to chip the paint on the floor). I also decided to try and reduce any opportunity for vibration by removing the rubber dampeners that are beneath the motor, and attaching everything to another piece of 3/4″ plywood. I already had the dolly / mobile base, but it needed some minor modification. So really, all I used in this project was some scrap wood and longer bolts.

Eventually I’ll replace the factory rubber tires with urethane ones, as well as replace the factory belt with a link belt, and the factory blade with a Timber Wolf blade. But I’m trying not to spend right now so that’ll all happen in the future.

Leave a Reply